Friday, June 18, 2010

MISPLACED LOVE

From the conversation we had I knew he was the one for me. As he spoke about old school music, moving to another state, his job and his love for cooking all I could hear was my heart beating ninety miles a second. This man had no clue that I was falling for him. Wow, how was that possible when we were in each other’s presence for a period of time? We knew nothing about one another and the only thing we had in common was the fact that an unfortunate death had brought us together.

Mmmmmm, that man, that chocolate, sweet smelling, articulate, humorous man had every quality a girl, no, a woman could ever want. It was funny when you think about it because how would I know what qualities the man possessed, I hardly even knew him; no I did not know him at all. He was just doing my dad a favor by driving me home.
The closer we got to my humble abode the more I craved being around him. My insides were going crazy. I wanted him so bad I did not know what to do or how to react toward him, but there was one thing for sure I needed, wanted, and had to have him. The question was how I was going to get him. Too afraid to ask for his number I just stayed silent as he talked I listened and shared a few things with him as well. Damn, I could not believe that I was at a lost for words, not me, mouth oh mighty. Yeah, that is hilarious. I do not recall exactly what it was about him but what I did know was that he drove me insane internally and I did not know how or why. He was making love to me mentally and did not know it but I was absorbing every molecule.

The ride home did not take as long as I would have liked because when I turned around I was closed to home. When he pulled up to my building I was saddened and at the same time frightened because I knew it would be the last time we would ever see each other again. I prayed that it wouldn’t be. On the inside I wanted him to make a move, give me some kind of sign that he was interested in me because I was desperately in awe over the feelings that was drawing me to him. This type of thing had never happened to me before. I am surprised he could not sense it.
As I walked into my building I hoped that he was watching me feeling me as I was feeling him. I wanted him to call out to me and say something, anything about seeing him again, but to no avail. So, I kept walking until I reached the lobby of my building, walked down the stairwell, opened the exit door, walked down the hall and took my keys out as I approached my door. That is when I took a deep breath and sighed as the somberness to control of me. I missed him already. What the hell just happened? I thought to myself.

Anyway, I opened the door feeling puzzled and looking confused, I needed a drink in the worse way. I kept telling myself there was no way in the world I could emotionally attach myself to him. He was a stranger, well he may not have been a stranger to my dad and his wife’s side of the family, but he was a stranger to me, but how was it possible for me to want him as badly as I had. I sat on my couch with drink in hand pondering over my dilemma. I began attempting to process the unusual sensation I was having for a man I met only a few hours ago, when I suddenly I had an aha moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment